Environmental, social and governance (ESG)
Boldsquare’s team of professionals have extensive experience working with global, public companies. As a result, we have strategized and implemented environmental, social and governance (ESG) management programs, correlating positive financial performance with client company commitments to make environmental stability, diversity and inclusion and sound corporate governance leading priorities.
The ESG management programs Boldsquare strategically develops and assists client companies to implement include:
- A complete inventory and analysis of environmentally sustainable policies, employee development, diversity and inclusion practices and sound corporate governance protocols to determine strengths and weaknesses. Identify potential gaps and deficiencies.
- The development of an enterprise-wide plan with the goal of integrating the company’s approach to ESG issues as a key component of its strategic planning, operations and risk management processes.
- Crafting of messages and strategies to raise the company’s ESG profile with all institutional investors, not just those focused on ESG as an investment hurdle.
- Making ESG a board-level priority to provide needed oversight and buy-in.
- The formalizing of external messaging to key audiences, including production of an online annual ESG report to shareholders and other key stakeholders.
- Design of internal messaging to engage employees and activate them as ambassadors for the company’s commitment to corporate responsibility. Enhanced recruiting capabilities are a likely result.
- Proactively reaching out to and educating various ESG ratings services, e.g., ISS, MSCI, Sustainalytics, RepRisk that institutional investors routinely rely upon as resources. Enabling control of the message and the company’s public-facing image.
Making ESG a priority reaps long-term benefits and, increasingly, is an important step in creating value for shareholders.