The Boldsquare Group has established itself as one of the fastest growing strategy and communications groups in the South East. The group’s two business units, Boldsquare and Bandera, work with a rapidly expanding array of leading brands, public companies and innovative organizations. Our projects range from highly strategic change management, innovation enablement and long-term objective planning programs, to laser-targeted tactical initiatives including brand marketing, ESG and investor relations, and employee engagement. We build highly tailored strategies, processes and tactics that deeply impact the audiences that are most important to our clients, enhancing perception and inspiring action.
As a result of our rapid expansion, we’re now looking for a proven media relations winner who can play a role in securing coverage across multiple channels for our outstanding roster of nationwide and global clients.
We build highly tailored strategies, processes and tactics that deeply impact the audiences that are most important to our clients, enhancing perception and inspiring action. We make clients look good, and we make bottom lines look better.
Every day is different, but often our projects look like this:
- Highly strategic change management programs
- Innovation enablement
- Long-term objective planning programs
- Laser-targeted tactical initiatives across all areas of marketing and communications
- Brand development
- Stakeholder engagement
There’s no doubt that PR and media relations has changed greatly over the past few years, with more ways to engage eyeballs than ever before. Our media relations team has to be able to build relationships quickly and effectively across different sectors and content streams, to ensure that we can help a wide variety of clients tell their stories.
Whether it’s securing deal coverage in the Wall Street Journal or helping technology companies reach new users for their latest beta, our media team has to think big and drive influence. You have to understand what makes a story – and where the story fits – and you’ll be relentless in your desire to secure the coverage.
So what might you expect to be doing on a daily basis?
- Developing strategic media relations plans and manage and direct media outreach and relationships
- Proactively developing and implementing media pitches to stimulate media coverage
- Preparing content for backgrounders, press releases, key messages, and social media posts
- Successfully securing strategic media placements to support corporate reputation and business growth
- Researching and staying up to date on client industry news, trends, and competitive environments
- Developing and managing media databases, and developing relationships with key media.
- Collaborating with other members of our amazing team to make sure that projects are delivered to the best possible standard, on time, and on budget.
- Playing an active role in the development of our business development pipeline, and being an effective ambassador for all that we do
What experience would we like you to have, you ask?
- 5+ years of direct and related experience, agency experience
- A demonstrated track record in the successful placement of feature and news articles in regional, national, and international media
- Collaborative nature with creative and client teams for strategic and branding projects
- Must possess exceptional verbal communications skills an outstanding writing ability and understanding of AP style
- Ability to work in a high-growth environment and meet exacting deadlines
- Possession of an innovative brain, as well as a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- A self-starting attitude allied with an insatiable curiosity about the way the world works
What’s on offer?
- The chance to be part of a team that is growing faster than any marketing, communications and strategic consultancy in the South East.
- $55-75k base salary, dependent on experience.
- Significant new business incentives
- Generous healthcare and 401k retirement plan
- Progressive approach to time off and flexible working
- A creative environment in which to work, and a willingness to invest in good ideas
Interested? Send your resume and an email explaining why you’re the right person for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org.